Ship:tember 2023

Inspired by kitbashing works I did on March of Robots, had a plan for Shiptember this year to make a dedicated spaceship asset pack instead of using non-related pack. Started around 5-6 months ago, and have not finished yet. Aside from getting distracted by doing some challenges, I decided to change the style during the making so had around few weeks setback, but at least got one that I prefer more now.

Most of the planned parts are done now, maybe around 70% I’d say. Main ones (body, engines, etc.) are completed, need to add a few more props to complement the pack. After that there’s still UV unwrapping nightmare waiting lol, as for texture will use simple ones.

Anyway, as a start, here’s a design that kitbashed from currently completed parts. There’s no materials yet so just using grayscale colors for now. May not make daily design but every few days, as I also need to focus on completing the pack.

Enjoy! :grinning:

P.S. In case you don’t know yet, you can zoom in (on any images on a post) by clicking on the image once, and if you click on the zoomed image again you can view it on maximum resolution

Cover

6 Likes

so much greebles :grinning: looks nice man. Texturing will be a blast for sure :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Second ship design, was about to make a cargo hauler at first but ended up as this.

2 Likes

Pretty sick. How many verts is this?

1 Like

Thanks !

Around 40K verts, approximately, but should be close, haven’t tidied up the geometry from the pack yet.

2 Likes

Decided to take previous ship design for a spin and put it in a weekly challenge, structures are basically stacks of space station model from past challenge (Endless Engines).

Clay render :

4 Likes

Wow, man! That awesome! Cool and very clever work! Like it! :heart_on_fire:

2 Likes

Thank you ! :+1:

1 Like

Third kitbashed ship design. Making this kit feels like taking forever, and still not finished yet, lol.

2 Likes

Forgot to update with the newest one, lol.

Will make one last design for this week.

4 Likes

Fifth and last kitbashed design, woohoo !

This wrapped up Ship:tember for this year, now just need to finish the asset pack. Thanks for all the supports and hope you all enjoyed it !

3 Likes

Super sick man. So much details!

2 Likes