Weekly Challege #166 : "Supersonic"

Hey, Blendermaniacs ! It’s time for our NEW Weekly Challenge !

Theme : “Supersonic”

Starts at 2023-09-05T07:00:00Z ; ends at 2023-09-11T07:00:00Z

Read the Rules & Guidelines HERE

Please submit your entry to THIS thread by hitting REPLY at the very bottom.

Congratulations for @folivore for winning the WC #166 “Supersonic” with 75% of the votes with this super render !

3 Likes

:information_source: FUN FACTS :information_source:

You may familiar with supersonic aircrafts (and its land counterpart), but these objects are also capable of achieving supersonic speed (768 mph = 1236 kmph) or perform sonic boom when used / in use :

Do you know any other interesting info ? Feel free to add, and also feel free to enter the challenge as well ! :grinning:

2 Likes

7 Likes

That is pretty sick I must say

2 Likes

Had to do something alittle different!

SUPER SONIC! (with a cape and lazer eyes! :wink: :wink: )

8 Likes

This is hilarious. Leave it to Eladd to do the pun render lol

1 Like

I wanted to do a missile with a Sonic head attached but Eladd beat me to the pun lol.

The plume is a crudely shaped cone with geometry nodes. I did mesh to volume and distribute points in volume, followed by points to volume. The first volume introduces some “turbulence” which contributes to the blobbiness, while the second one controls the distribution density of the points as well as the radius. Noise textures drive the density and blackbody temperature.

8 Likes

Very nice Foli! Really like the look of it. Geo nodes is great for volumetric type stuff and the fire in the back turned out real nice!

1 Like

One Ticket, Please !
[ Non-competing ]

4 Likes
Voting : WC #166 - Supersonic
  • blade_user
  • eladd
  • folivore
0 voters

Voting will end at 2023-09-12T07:00:00Z
(might be extended in the event of a tie)

1 Like

Metal Super Sonic
Late Entry :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Congratulations for @folivore for winning the WC #166 “Supersonic” with 75% of the votes with this super render !

3 Likes

congrats man. Cool render!

1 Like