Spaceship Kitbash Pack

Test drive for a new asset pack, yay. Still finishing up things, hopefully done with the assets around late this month, or at least in February. will update this post later on with more kitbashed models.

Cover

7 Likes

In a Galaxy far far away…

2 Likes

Spaceballs! Lol nice man. Looks good

2 Likes

Another one, still need to make more kitbash examples btw.

3 Likes

Show me that transformation/kinect video of it magically coming together :wink:

2 Likes

This is a great idea! I’ll see if I can add/make it without stretching the schedule too much.

1 Like

There’s a cool addon that allows you to record timelapse videos as you create your scene. I did not know it existed until i was watching dev video ironically about the making of another spaceahip as well.

2 Likes

Just tried to use the addon, it is broken since 4.0 and Dev taking time to fix.

Yes I bought another addon! Was thinking of using it to record HOP but only did a test once and promptly forgot about it :frowning:

Thought it cool to be able to make timelapse videos easily.

1 Like

Don’t want to take away from your Kitbash video but this the video I was watching from PolyFjord. @15:40 he starts modeling the details…changes from over the shoulder to actual timelapse footage in blender.

3 Likes

Another kitbash example which also made for a weekly challenge. Sails taken from ‘Pirate’ MC since the theme is similar, asteroid bg from past work, fg one from Sketchfab, nebula bg from Unsplash.

Animation for the ship is coming up next!

4 Likes

Ohhhh so spaeey! That red glow omnius

2 Likes

Animation for the ship on previous post (with sllight alteration) :

Last ‘coming soon’ video, I guess, will be busy preparing the launch at early next month.

2 Likes

That is just like the Homeworld games!! Very nice indeed :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Finally done with the pack, woohoo! :partying_face:

More info available on YouTube page, or see here.

3 Likes

Well done @purbosky Awesome looking kitbash. Hope you sell billions!!!

Nicelly done on the animation as the ship comes togeither. Exactly as I imagined!

I noticed on the first ship transition it is stightly pixelated until all the pieces finally settle and the spaceship becomes super clear. I am guess it maybe just the Youtube compression? That aside, nice animation showcasing the kitbash kit!

Have you created a texture set for it as well?

Your logo looks like someone flexing there bicep in a alien tenticle kinda way :wink:

2 Likes

Sick pack Po!

2 Likes

The assembly animation was a brilliant idea, billion of thanks for that! Here’s a separate version of it w/o the promo stuffs so you can enjoy it over and over :

The pixelation problem might be on your end, been checking it on comp and phone it seems okay here. Maybe you view it in 16k setting and it lagged a bit ? lol … and yup, the pack has PBR textures.

Just noticed that about the logo, so true hahaha! Would be great for promo vid should I open a space fitness/gym center :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks for having joined another dozens of first customers, monsieur!
Hope you enjoy playing with it :grinning:

2 Likes

Just uploaded to Sketchfab, much delayed as having to find workaround due to texture limits at their site. Anyway, have fun exploring it in realtime 3D !

2 Likes

That is really sick. I just need to get a VR headset and see it in VR now :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes