Rebuiding of an old german Streetview

Hi Gralous,

yes - there was a problem with the faces. Even I checked the normals before, the recalculation solved the problem. Thank You very much for the help.

2 Likes

np, anytime

1 Like

Now I changed the roof material and made the first render picture.

2024-01-22T23:00:00Z

3 Likes

This looks really cool man! Reminds me of a town here called Solvang. It’s a Danish town but some similar buildings. Very cool

2 Likes

This is almost Danmark :wink:
These buildings are constructed in the 1920th in Cologne (Germany) from an famous architect called “Wilhelm Riphan”. Unfortunately destroyed in WW2.

2 Likes

This looks very similar to a building of a farm i created years ago in the origonal call of duty. I’ll dig them out and you can point and laugh at them early 2000’s graphics :laughing:

Found em! This a mp map I was creating simply called, MP_Farm
mp_farm01
mp_farm02

Let me not distract from what this discussion is all about.

Back to you @Mic

4 Likes

Now the things are getting harder. I try to model the next basic house type with a picture and the existing parts of the other houses. The addon fSpy could help me.

2024-01-31T23:00:00Z

3 Likes

OK - I finished this row of the street without the plugin fSpy. Next Step is to build the houses of the opposite street side.

2024-02-06T23:00:00Z

4 Likes

This is looking great Mic! Very clean

1 Like

Today I finished all houses from this side of the view. During my work I got some issues with my project.
The material view slowed down and it got almost inpossible to move objects. So I decreased the number of my objects. Now the data size of the project is 1 GB lower than before. Unfortunately this didn’t help. Any idea what to do?

2024-02-09T23:00:00Z

2 Likes

Cool progress and nice view there !

Regarding your problem, you can try to use ‘solid’ view instead of ‘material preview’ (located to the left of the ‘material view’ button at the bottom right of 3D viewport screen).

Other thing to try is to use the ‘Simplify’ option on the ‘Render Properties’ tab. Seeing your scene at a glance, some parts that can be tweaked would be ‘Max. Subdivision’ level set to low (2~3) if you use any Subsurf modifiers, also if you use textures try using lower resolution at the ‘Texture Limit’ setting (like 1K or lower depeding on your textures). You can then set a higher limits for the render.

Simp1

Another option available would be to ‘Link’ some models onto new or separate file, then add more objects or models on the new file should you still need to add more. Note that you can only edit the linked nodels on the original one. Hope these can help!

2 Likes

Dear purbosky,

thanks a lot for Your assistance. I’ll gladly acccept Your the advices.
I think I made a major mistake. I constructed basic house types and I wanted to dubble these houses to build up a complete street row. So I thought the easiest way should be to copy a whole “Collection”.
I didn’t realize to copy a “Collection” involve to copy the material too. Finally there is a very long list of materials.

Now it’s time to clean up.

1 Like

Speaking of collection, there’s a simpler method I forgot to mention, which is using ‘instance’. On the collection of one house, you can right-click (on the Outliner) and select ‘Instance to Scene’. This will create an ‘instance’ which is a duplicate of the original but takes much less memory than real/physical duplicates.

Instance 1

However, note that this instance is somewhat uneditable (e.g. modifiers is not applicable on them), but there’s a trick to have operation like array, etc. on it by parenting them to another object then have modifiers on the object as explained in this video :

2 Likes

Yes - that will help me a lot for the next house rows. Thanks @purbosky .
The clean up of the materials was the solution for my project issue.

My next step ist the background. There will be some houses too, but I don’t need perfect copies.

2024-02-11T23:00:00Z

3 Likes

I am surprised a certain someone has mention how great geometry nodes could be used for this. Maybe your scene is too advanced :wink:

Great progress. Coming along nicely :ok_hand:

3 Likes

lol. Yeah cough * geometry nodes * cough

2 Likes

I’ll give my best stopping “blendermanias” coughing attack in the future :wink:

2 Likes

Hello,

after finishing the background I’m going to start the garden enviroment of the backside of the houses. Now I made a first panoramic camera view to find the right space for the gardens.

2024-02-15T23:00:00Z

3 Likes

Today a little update.
Fences, street, soil and all the little things I have to make. I need more time than expected for the details. There are some issues with the alpha from the grass pictures and the soil material.
Anyway here the work till today.

2024-02-24T23:00:00Z

3 Likes

Very nice. Dang you’re getting a whole village there

1 Like