Rebuiding of an old german Streetview

Hey there,
today I’am starting my new project. From time to time I’ll post the ongoing work.
Maybee, sometimes I need help and hints.
Starting with preparation of the blueprints (scaling … ), background pictures an so on.

Thanks!2023-12-09T23:00:00Z

6 Likes

Looking forward to it’s completion.

1 Like

And so it begins! Nice. Look forward to it and of course ask for help whenever you need!

1 Like

Hello !
Next step.
I’m now modeling the base house object and I’m not sure what finally will be the best solution for the arch above the window on the left side.
I don’t want to “auto smooth” the hole object just for one nice bow.
Any ideas?
Thanks

2023-12-15T23:00:00Z

3 Likes

If you select the vertices you can hit alt+Shift+S to make it to sphere, that could be a solution. You could also use a boolean but it may leave nasty geometry depending on how you go about it

1 Like

I thought I would chime in and share what I would do, as seeing you have some sense of topology and control of it. I would manually add it in.

First I would delete out the top faces of the section I have marked

Then, I would select the edge above the door way(the 5 vertices), go to the front view of the house,duplicate it, move it up into the new blank area above the window, scale it, and you can snap it to make sure its in alignment, then manually connect edges with F to the points like I drew out, turning into faces and start building it like the door way above the window. or select the door way faces and move them up where the window goes. It’s more advance technique but you won’t have to “redo anything” really, except maybe a change in topology above door to connect it all up.

Hope this helps

1 Like

@blendermania
Thanks, I’ll try this.

@Gralous
I’m sorry, I should better explain what my problem is.
I’m looking for a solution to make the existing bow as smooth as possible without to many vertices.
Unfortunately there are nasty edges visible in object mode.
Anyways, thank You for Your hint. I’ll need this later for the backside of the house.

1 Like

yeah, auto smooth will to that, you either add more vertices or Subsurf modifier to make it smooth, but if have tri’s near a edge or ngons, it will create artifact shading

1 Like

Next Step.

First check of material in render view.

4 Likes

Looks good! Great update!

1 Like

Almost finished the 1. basic house. Starting to find errors now.
The roof is not part of the base house type.

2024-01-02T23:00:00Z

3 Likes

Nice man! Loving the curtains in the windows!

1 Like

I hope I found all errors and now the other houses are comming.

2024-01-05T23:00:00Z

3 Likes

Very nicely done. Modeling is looking good!

1 Like

Nice looking houses. Scene will come together fast once you get all your buldings complete. Nice progress

1 Like

Hello,

the 2. basic house type ist almost ready. The window, material checks and bevel, than it should be done.

2024-01-10T23:00:00Z

4 Likes

Starting the roof.

For the roof i tried Geometry Nodes. I really like this.
I’m not so happy with the material of the tiles for now. But I can change this later.

2024-01-13T23:00:00Z

2 Likes

Geo nodes for the win! Nice!

1 Like

Hello,

I’m struggeling with a rendering issue I don’t understand.

2024-01-19T23:00:00Z

There is only one opbject that has black faces after rendering. I used bevel for nice edges.
These edges are not black.

Here You can see the render view and everything seems to be fine.

I hope anybody has a solution. I’m confused. Thanks for help.

1 Like

possibly this? , go into edit more after selecting the object, sellect all faces, Shift+N, recalculate normals, so it flips to outside.

2 Likes