Let's Make our own Video Game in UE4

Edit: The time for video game development meeting is Thursday 14th at 1PM PST. Let me know please if this works for you or not

Lol dude we just replied at the same time. How is 1PM PST for you?

I want to show my love to you all by joining this meeting

Awesome Jeeby. So 1PM PST is alright for you?

I guess that’s around 3 AM on this side, should have woken up (or nearly lol) so I think that’s still okay for me. Btw, if needed, maybe we can setup like two meetings in one week to accomodate the time difference with the other day meeting held in different hour (like in Hour of Chill).

I’m not opposed to helping out, but I’m not interested in Being overly involved in the core design process. Lots of headaches that I’ve had from this type of thing with nothing to show for the effort.

I’m interested Slight Smile

i would like to join the team to make games

a discord group would be great

Alright I think that’s enough people for now let’s get this started and we can always add more people in the future once we have a good grasp of what we’re doing, you know too many cooks spoil the broth and all that.

Good idea! Thumbsup

Sure, welcome! What do you feel you’d be best at doing or what part of it would you enjoy more?

Welcome aboard Nim. Is there a particular area you’d be interested in?

Alright we will reach out if we need help but we will not involve you :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes absolutely we can do that. You can join in a bit later too and we’ll fill you in if you want.

I believe in the environment sector… im more efficient in that sector than character and rigging

Awesome! Because I think most people will be interested in assets and characters, so far it was Eladd that expressed an interest in working on Level Design/Environment, so we needed at least one more person to focus on that!

I can make that my focus. I have some experience as a level/environment designer but to be honest most of the assets were purchased through the asset store. It was really about making rooms and hallways then adding the props to fill up the level. Can anyone recommend any really good Unreal Engine Level Design/Game Developer tutorials?

I spent alot of time in the past going through World Of Level Design tutorials. https://worldofleveldesign.com/

He has alot of UDK, UE4 tutorials. I found it to be very helpful. I have an ebook somewhere that he provided for free when you subscribed to his newsletter. If I can find it I will share.

I maybe able to provide some training videos I downloaded from 3DBuzz who closed up shop but opened all there courses to download for free. In amongst what I downloaded there maybe some UDK/UE4 stuff (I downloaded but haven’t even looked yet).

We still going to need people to create environment meshes anyway. Which is all Blender asset creation.

For those who don’t know:

Depending on the game design, a core level design concept in UE4 involves blocking out using brushes (similar to the default cube) and then creating Meshes that go over the top/ replace. Environments predominantly are modular. So in some ways very similar to Blender. Create once, duplicate. Except UE4 meshes have to have LOD (level of detail) so they scale. Up close nice and detailed, further away medium to lowpoly.