Such a fan I have, for practice

Finished the logo after retopologizing some text

So I guess that is it for the modeling portion of this , I need to learn more on texturing before I can go any further, but I am happy with it and it was good practice

Dude this detail and precision is absolutely amazing man! Taking the most basic thing and making it into a masterpiece. Super cool! Gonna texture it?

made some placeholder textures for now

Looks fantastic!

Decided it would probably easier if I made a procedural texture for the metal, after 6 hours of experimenting with nodes and a failed similar to carbon fiber material with stripes instead , these are my results. But I am still unhappy with it, so still gonna work at it

To me ,its looks pretty nice.

what did you use for the scratches ?

Musgrave/Noise with stretched coordinates or something with the wave texture ?

Please do share the node setup or any info about the nodes ,if you can

Its a noise texture stretched but you also need anisotropic shader to tell the light to travel in a path when it hits the object , in this case grooves or grain, I just experiment, read how similar mats are made ,there are so many things online with info ,im still mixing nodes too just too see what else is possible. just be a chemist and experiment. And now I am trying to figure out how to get my scratches back, cause i lost them somehow, maybe too much expirementing while I was sleepy

After a lot of experimenting , 12 hours later , decided to go with this for the brushed steel parts, now i have to make a wood material maybe lol

1 Like

Nice! I like the second one more.

1 Like

Ah cool gral! so you made it a bit more rough with thinner scratches?

1 Like

its thinner scratch with a slight clear coat , pretty close to the actual fan. im pretty happy with it

1 Like

Very nice Gral! Love all the hard work you are putting in this!

1 Like

Think its time to finish this

1 Like