Strange render result

Hi!
Ive been working on the Donut tutorial which, now its time to render to continue working on it, but it doesnt render properly. It looks blurry, even if I turn up the resolution and it doesnt really take long to render which is weird. Does anyone know what the issue could be?

3 Likes

First, congratulation on finishing the donut ! :+1:

Secondly, it might be more suitable to change the title like ‘strange render result’ or such because ‘render not complete’ gives the impression that the render didn’t give any result at all. Just so as other readers won’t get confused though, something minor. :grinning: (You can edit the title by clicking the wrench icon next to it, btw)

Onto the matter, by ‘blurry’ I think it’s more like ‘pixelated’. Does the uploaded images direct result from the camera/render or did you crop it? It’s only around 800 pixels which is quite small actually. Perhaps the camera is too far away from the object?

More info on the render settings and screenshots of the scene can be helpful too, you can also upload the blend file if you want.

2 Likes

Hey Liaa. It seems like it could be the samples? Can you check your render settings and make sure the samples are set high enough. Also on the “Time Limit” next to the render samples try putting it to 2m for 2 minutes. As Po said, if you share a screenshot of render settings and or .blend can help

2 Likes

Thank u Po!
It actually was the camera and I had to change some setting in the render area

3 Likes

Thank u :slightly_smiling_face: . Its fixed.

2 Likes

Awesome! Glad the issue is fixed :smiley:

2 Likes