Steampunk New History 3d Challenge

Well I guess I will start something here and see how it goes. And yes I am going to be doing a car ( go figure right? ) Just started this a little bit ago to lay out a base for the vehicle before doing some more brainstorming on additional shaping needed. Here is the first of hopefully many updates on this process. They will mainly all be shaded flat and shaded flat with subdivision as per contest requests. At least till the end of the final stages.

4 Likes

Reminds me of the original fallout vehicles which I wished they had done for the show but ah well, it is what it is!

2 Likes

is it going to look like one of those old timey cars except they have frigging rockets?
Cuz man that wud be sick

2 Likes

@eladd Maybe season 2 they will. Now that it got a rather welcome response for the first season.

Never really thought about it, I just started modeling and low and behold this came about. LOL

1 Like

@DefaultCube well of course :wink: , it is going to have rockets, rope grapling harpoon launchers, pipes galore, and plenty of doo dads and thingamahjiggies. Hopefully get all that done soon enough that I will have enough time to put a couple balloons or zeppelin in the sky as well as background filler.

2 Likes

Update number 2

And a bit of getting a feel for the layout of the scene

4 Likes

I like it. Was watching the Netflix show “Rust to Riches” & go into cars & fixing them and building them lol. Nice!

2 Likes

Started some materials but still more to be added to the ones that do have color.

4 Likes

WOW nice Steve! Reminds me of something from Despicable Me haha. Very nice!

2 Likes

Danke, still bunches and bunches to do. Just wanted to get a base color paint shader going before adding in the damage/grunge. But still got to do all the steampunk “greebles” too.

1 Like

Got a little more done with the materials so here is the progress of that so far. Still got to adjust the shiny metal bump strength and tweak the windshield visor materials. Then I can move on to the additional detail pieces to add and do materials for them as well. Move on to the landscape once that is all done.

3 Likes

Looks like a taxi from that old game quaratine! Or is this a futurist post apocolypse moby dick?

1 Like