Making a character

Im trying to make a girl character not sure how it will turn out in the end but decided to make a WIP even though it is already half way -ish done, the most difficult parts are the next steps so… don’t tell anyone but this is in part so I do not quit and actually finish if I have a commitment to post and share :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :sweat_smile:

Note: using a course and maybe some tutorials so it is all part of a learning process

This is where I’m at the moment, same girl, two different outfits and lots of not sure if this will work but I keep going with it see where it leads me :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

Can’t wait to see!

1 Like

This looks awesome! This is some top level stuff! Very well done. Definitely look forward to seeing the progress on this. Like the detail and would be awesome to see it animated!

1 Like

Really like the stylized hair!

2 Likes

that hair almost drove me nuts haha and it is short hair making it long must be… I dont think I have a polite word for it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

this is terrific!!! any progress since u posted the WIP?

1 Like

will post progress today at weeeriii late night hehe

2 Likes

So… we have now a little bit of progress on greek-ish girl (explorer has to wait for now)
Worked on some first details for the clothing an also retopologize the body
Not sure where I am going with all this but I am going or… if it will work in the end but…
I guess we will find out…EVENTUALLY!!! :sweat_smile:

I share two images this time with the progress for this week

8 Likes

This looks great Stella! Really well done! Loving seeing the progress

1 Like

not gonna say it cause you on holidays and you have to have fun and do other thingies but… I’m eager to get my hands on some upcoming course I think would be very helpful in this crazy task I got myself into
oopsies! said I wont say it but… kinda said it ahahahha :joy:
next post… next week I guess yups

2 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Looks amazing

1 Like

Time for a bit of an update!!!
After countless setbacks and problems to fix… this is how the character for the greek-ish girl is at the moment

After retopology and back to fix things… well… girl decided to get a new hair, ohhh these hairs… nuts I’m going nuts cause of them

Then it was time to UV-mapping and first base pass on colour, some sculpt painting and baking, and there’s where she is now

Next step… details and more texturing and baking, till next post I leave screenshot of current state

and… siya laita wiiiiiiiiiii :sweat_smile: haha sorryp I just cannot help it!!! :crazy_face: :relieved:

6 Likes

Looks great. Coming along nicely

1 Like

It’s great!

and… moving on to rigging just cause… I have absolutely no painting skills
yet ! :joy:

6 Likes

Looks great Stella. Definitely want to see her rigged and animated. Reminds me of a character from the Hercules cartoon :slight_smile: