HSM continue

Some more details and start of the body

9 Likes

some nice details going there. Very cool. You using any hard surface addons or?

1 Like

Just Vanilla, subdevision and crease workflow.

1 Like

Looking cool already, can’t wait to see the result, also glad to know another vanilla modeler ! :+1:

Btw, if you want, you can continue/reply on your previous post instead of making new ones, would be easier to follow the update/progress too. Anyway, keep up the awesome works ! :grinning:

1 Like

Ah just learning about the site interface, will do that yes…
Love your work as well! So productive…

Little question, do you use booleans to make

1 Like

More and more detail…

4 Likes

Dang looking pretty sick

1 Like

half way there…

2 Likes

Ah, I think I missed this one, lol sorry. The question seems cut off, but I mostly use boolean for HS modeling.

2 Likes

Can appreciate a nice looking model. Can tell it going to look nice once some textures are slapped on there!

2 Likes

Almost there… now add some little satellites, and electro magnetic force to keep elements together…
THEN… sfx and materials to composite it in a city scape… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Between @jeffaffah and @purbosky and @arcadeous I drool at the detail and grebbles.

My goal has always been to make high quality models with amazing textures (in scenes)

I think I get impatient and rush things. I always wonder is that a side affect of too many HOPS? Or not enough time?

Maybe once I finish my scupting goals i will focus on hardsurface more.

1 Like

Just do something every day or at least couple times a week, you’ll grow steadily…
That’s how I did it… working in Blender for 2 years or little more. So you can achieve this as well.

1 Like

I guess, I need to step it up more @eladd , I wasn’t good enough to be called out …Ok, I got you

1 Like

If i need a mechanical pencil or lamp shade advice, even a pirate ship with tentacles @Gralous You da man :man: :wink:

1 Like

I’d say be more patient can help, to let something sit for a while and review it back. It is indeed a hard thing as there’s a part of the mind that always said “just call it done and move on the next!”, but will do good especially for big/long/detailed project. Other (more important) thing would be careful placement of the details instead of randomly scatter them around (the primary/secondary/tertiary distribution theory would help much here).

That said, I’m still learning to be better at it myself. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like