Green Power Ranger Helment for 3D printing

This is what it looks like so far

4 Likes

I don’t want this to come off wrong, but I thought I would give some input here and you said you want to produce these. I thought I would try to help, cause you can totally do it sculpting. But I would highly consider Sub-surf modeling this, because its going to be a lot more work sculpting it , and it will be very hard to get those crisp edges. I would go about this in two ways with sub surf, I way start off with modeling a rough head shape close to the helmet or atlease the mouth area, then focus on tightening up the mouth cause thats all you really need from it. obviously don’t need to model rest of the face. eventually you can add the mouth into the helmet, either manually or a boolean. Then think of like modeling the helmet like a car, because it needs those crisp edges and curves like a car, you might have to learn some topology , maybe, but it would be far easier and more accurate to use modeling techniques and knife, you can use topology sheet for mouth loops reference cause you only need the mouth and chin basicly. (See below) Plus if you were to sculpt this and you wanted all that crispness ,you would have to retopo it anyhow to get that I think. Just something to think about I guess, anyhow , good luck either way

1 Like