Full Circle, Case 1

From drawing to 3D model, a character of mine, Pewter Koopa, makes his step into the retro world of low-poly models!

Story time! Pewter Koopa was originally made when I was 9 years old, making him easily my oldest OC. At the time, he was known as “Browser”, because I was SO clever with names as a kid. [/sarcasm] and his main difference from Bowser at the time was his bands were red instead of blue. I just loved how Bowser (Super Mario 64) looked, sounded, and was so powerful. As a lad, this was peak gaming, after all. Then Browser sorta went underground as a character for years and didn’t resurface until the Gamecube era when Smash Bros. Melee introduced new color palettes with characters like Bowser (who I played Smash as, a lot). This got him his blond hair, green skin and at the time, the blue shell. To differ him further, he gained fanned spines much like Godzilla, rather than singular spike horns on his shell. He also had gained a strip beard and a scaled shell much like Giga-Bowser. A gold tooth was added later. Over time, he gained a new name and his horns would change again to be much like Acidic Glavenus of Monster Hunter World, which also changed the scale shape on his shell a second time. Also his eyebrows had become a set of horns that flowed into the horns on his head and his shell color would change again, slightly. And also his beard would be braided, just because. When Bowser’s Fury came out, it solidified the idea of making him a more bulky character in body by making his head smaller and defining his pecs from his belly, which had been a trait for him for a long time but this really solidified the want for that direction for him.

So long story short, he’s my oldest OC who has gotten numerous updates over the years, yet has been re-created in the style that birthed him in the first place, making his journey come full circle.

Although technically “finished”, I never put it past me to adjust things as I see them fit. So, this topic is for any updates made to this model in future, as well as any videos involving him.

6 Likes

The model has been edited a little, so the hands are thicker, the shell is bigger in back, the stomach is a little trimmed sideways for his legs to have more wiggle room for animations, also wider shoulders and the base of the tail has been fiddled with to allow more posing without looking… awkward. Also made the tops of the feet taller to better meld into the legs. I also added an accessory to go with his occupation of a Wrestler. I hope you guys like the new images!

6 Likes

This is awesome mana haha. Loving the style of this guy and how it came out. Can definitely see a little animation of this guy. Maybe Orange battling him :stuck_out_tongue: lol

P.S. Like the braided goatee haha

2 Likes

awesome work😍

2 Likes

Now with an idle animation and turnaround!

4 Likes

haha this is awesome. I feel like I’m picking a character in Super Smash Bros

2 Likes

Did something with sound effects, being officially my first video with more than just music!

3 Likes

Nice man! Sound effects are fun to add! Just spent last 2 days adding some to the animated short lol. Well done!

2 Likes

That a throwback to Mario64

2 Likes

It sure is!

1 Like

Pewter now has a complete video to his name! His wrestling career wouldn’t be complete without a good introductory routine to hype the audience! 9-year-old me would be so happy right now. Sometimes childhood dreams do come true.

4 Likes

DUDE! That is just too cool! Did you animate all the audience members too? I just watched the Super Mario Bros movie and this is definitely nostalgic. Very well done! Definitely your best so far

2 Likes

I did! And funny thing about it, only the front row are actual models in the close-up shots. The rest are just bouncing Alphas! The bouncing was done with Shape Keys!

Also, Orange is in the audience in a certain shot, if you can find him!

2 Likes

Very cool. Smart trick with the alphas. Don’t see Orange. In the very beginning?

1 Like

You see him when Pewter’s walking down the ramp about midway. ^^

2 Likes

Ah yes I see now. Nice! Easter eggs

1 Like

Oh you sneaky sneaky orange man :thinking:
Did not see you the first 10 times… :wink:

2 Likes

New test animation, with sound!

3 Likes

haha super cool. Nice sound design

2 Likes

Ooohhhh dont ever tell him he snores AND whistles in his sleep…it be payback time!

2 Likes