Fourth character issues

Fourth character17.blend (3.0 MB)

middle_controller.L is not acting right and I can’t get the lower eyelids to work.

1 Like

So the hand issue is because “deform” is enabled on the Hand.L bone. Go to the bone properties and disable “deform” and do the same on Hand.R. Then select your mesh, shift select the armature and ctrl+P and with automatic weights again.

As for the lower and upper lids. If you go to those shapekeys you can see that if you increase the value it doesn’t really affect the eyelids properly. I would first remake the lower and upper lid shapekeys and then once the shapekeys are properly closing the top and bottom lids, then you would add the drivers for them

1 Like

OK, thanks

2 Likes

Alex, the eyelids work with the shape keys. The issue was that the eyeballs were too far out.

Also, I couldn’t get the fingers to work.

2 Likes

OK, I got the fingers to work, Woo hoo. thanks.

1 Like

Ah yes the eyes were too far out lol. Didn’t even see that :stuck_out_tongue: for the fingers, here use this .blend. You’ll need to put the eyes back again
Fourth character17FIXED.blend (3.0 MB)

1 Like

Thanks, but I still can’t get the lower eyelids to work with the eye controller. They work with the shape keys, but not the controller.

1 Like

You need to add a driver to the shapekey. Right click the shapekey and add driver. Change the settings to this as you see in screenshot. The amount on the “var * 5” can be changed depending on how fast you want to move the bone. So if you want to move the bone slower to make the eyelids move, put a lower number such as var * 2. If you want it faster put a higher number. The object should be armature, the bone you pick whatever bone you want to affect that shapekey and then the location should be Z and space needs to be local space.
Fourth character17Driver.blend (3.0 MB)

1 Like

I’ll give it a shot. Var*5 is the only thing I didn’t do.

1 Like

Fourth character17.blend (3.0 MB)
I’m having the same issue with the Jaw as I was having with the lower eyelids. I followed the instructions in the screenshot above, but to no avail. FYI, the jaw’s shape keys work.

1 Like

You’re right eyebrow bone is named JAW. So when you move that it is moving the JAW. not sure where your Jaw bone went but you’ll need to rename that one to eyebrow and map it to the eyebrow shapekey and then add another bone for the Jaw. But it works fine. It’s just set on the wrong bone

1 Like

:flushed: Thanks man.

2 Likes

Anytime Phil

1 Like

Hey Alex, I’m trying to make the ghost move around the scene by any means necessary, but to no avail. The cloth is pinned to an object that’ll be invisible when I render the scene. The cloth falls nicely onto the object when it’s not moving, but It flies all over the place when the object is moving. Yes, I pinned it to the object and weight painting it didn’t help. I’d appreciate some guidance, S il vous plait. BTW, S il vous plait is French.

1 Like

Hey Phil. Here this should work now:
Pac man3FIXED.blend (55.4 MB)

1 Like

Thanks, but what was I doing wrong?

2 Likes

I just parented the cloth to the ball and also I parented the ball to the curve and selected follow path so that it follows it instead of whatever you had setup

1 Like