Finally Learning To Sculpt

Very nice eladd! Looks great. Soon you are gonna be a sculpting God like Alex :stuck_out_tongue:

“I sculpt therefore I am” Wink

So I finished the base model last night. Spent way longer than expected tweaking the mesh as some of the geometry was not good enough in some.

If you look at legs and toes they too square in earlier renders.

Now on with the sculpting!

Great start!

Looks great! May I recommend you don’t follow the course to the letter, apply yourself, take the principles and experiment, play around and make it yours. It’s what helped me learn sculpting. If you copy what someone else is making you only know how to make that one thing, if you experiment with what you are given from a course you get a deeper understanding of how to make things.

I hear what your saying. I have plenty of ideas up my sleeve that I intend to make. Key thing for me is the workflow and technique. I have already learnt some good modelling information and expect to further enhance my sculpting experience further.

Yeah, I tend to watch an entire lecture(or 5). Then try to do from memory.

Sculpting put on hold. The Cat2 knocked my tablet pen off the computer desk Scream Cat. It must have hit ground NIB first and somehow damaged it Crying Cat Face

When attempting to use it just wont draw, sculpt. Pressing the buttons on side would work but fiddly to use. Tried to track a replacement down but ended up having to order one from Aliexpress.

So 2 weeks from now, sculpting will resume! Writing Hand

So I have just been messing around, sculpting with a mouse…lighting, angles, all sorts.

End result was this weirdo.

Started the fishy sculpt finally and boy do I have a tail to tell. Well. No not really. The fish was ‘This Big’!

My sculpts always end up looking angry. Work in progress…

haha very nice eladd! Like the angry look, he’s the bully fish :stuck_out_tongue: Nice work man

that fish looks great Eladd nice work

I always get sidetracked. I’ve already watched the videos I am now just doing.

But while sculpting me and Timmy were trying to help someone which forced me to put some basic color materials on, then we got sidetracked with fire tutorials, then it reminded me of a tutorial I watched the other day adding ambiance to a scene and so tried it here to see if it would make it look like fish was underwater.

I like how it turned out!

Now I must continue the sculpting as I am sure it will look much better once I start using images to sculpt the scales, and retopologise, and custom paint , and and and…nek minute, it a minotaur!