February Contest WIP

Brilliant! I like that second render a lot :smiley:

Much appreciated Alex!! :smiley: It’s coming together man, I did a bit of work yesterday and I’ve already done a lot today too. I’m almost finished with the major sculpting and soon I’ll go for some details and materials :smiley:
I’ll probably upload some nice progress soon :slight_smile:

although I am happy to see the sweet aspect, I think that an expressionless head is more correct for the context

Sorry for the late reply I missed this one :stuck_out_tongue: Yeah I went with the expressionless/ghoulish one, it fitted better with how everything was coming together and how the idea was evolving in my head. Thank you for your input Francesca :smiley:

Thought it’d be fun to show off some of my test renders and how it evolved over time. Unfortunately the photos are out of order but the first one I did was the one with just the lightning bolt behind the corpse. I think I did that just for fun and to get an idea of where the light would come from but it grew on me and made it to the final render.
There was also a time where I had tombstones around him and one of the graves would be dug out, but I discarded that idea and didn’t keep any files on it.
Also instead of flowers the original idea was that he would be lifting his head up by pulling his hair, but I discarded that too and was too lazy to change the pose :stuck_out_tongue:

This is so freaking amazing Alex! Congrats again on third place! Well done