Diamond.obj wont behave how i want it to

hi, i have in this file a diamond.obj i found online and want it to behave the same way the diamond from the jewellerycraft addon behaves.
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-05 at 05.38.50_c16c0cdf

untitled.blend (42.9 MB)

2 Likes

Hey Kastrioti. Welcome my friend. So what are you trying to do exactly? Also if you want a diamond, you can enable the “Extra Objects” addon in the preferences & then hit SHIFT+A and Mesh & go to diamonds and add a diamond that way

2 Likes

thanks i didnt know i could add diamonds like that, ok so heres another video using prongs as an example, the prongs i spawn in with the jewellcraft behave correctley, they go inside the shape and allow me to move them around but when i import by own prong object it doesnt move around correctly it should be moving in a horizontal way not a verticle way ( ignore the background noise, im watching a series :P)
untitled.blend (42.9 MB)

2 Likes

You probably just need to add a solidify modifier for it to have refraction from the walls of t the diamond

1 Like

You need to turn off “Align Rotation to Target” and it should work

1 Like

but taking that off doesnt then attach onto the other object, it moves freely, i want it to attach onto it just like how the prong was doing in the video

1 Like

I don’t believe you can make it act like the addon, that was probably coded into the addon, thats a feature of the addon. you will have to place it manually, or stick to only what the addon can do. Addons are coded usually to make lots of steps into a simple task. You will probably have to learn to adapt to the limitations

1 Like