Chitty

Well I got fed up of my lack of blending and so I started this yesterday evening and figured I would post it.
There will be more to come as details and such get added. But here it is so far, one of my childhood favorite cars.

5 Likes

That is sick! This is a T-bucket or? Not familiar with the name

2 Likes

@blendermania its from an old movie, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

2 Likes

smh, of course Alex wouldn’t know the classic. We love you Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

2 Likes

Did a little progress modeling today on the windshield swivel mounting brackets, and added a bit to the suspension and steering components under the car, added the spare tire on the running board, and extended the exhaust pipe. Still got a boatload more to model, but doing it with what time I got to do something.

3 Likes

I redid the steering knuckle as the previous version I ended up modeling from was actually a model and not the actual car. So I have adjusted that and still have under carriage parts to model like the steering linkage and also the actual linkages on the running boards. But little bit at a time.

3 Likes

Did the side lights and tweaked some more topology, switched over to the 4090 PC which is why I didn’t bring textures over with this latest progress render. Still a boatload of tidbits to model but so far so good. And most of all this is just eyeballing it modeling as most of the references are all over the place on what the actual “original” car looks like. Mainly cause they had so many variations to the cars depending on what the scene was going to be that they were used in.

3 Likes

why do the wings have such flat colors but the wood and the metal body have textures?
You may want to add some sort of cloth texture on.

Also, for the metal bit, try adding a displace modifier to make it feel imperfect in a way (that works quite well for me)

2 Likes

@DefaultCube thanks for the input. They are all just temporary textures. There is still a lot of modeling to do on the whole thing. Once that is all done then I will add final texturing as it will all need uv unwrapped and then taken into paint program where I will be painting in the details.

But yeah as the others here can tell you I generally do random texturing changes along the way till something feels right then I will add to that. Thanks again for the input.

2 Likes

That is so cool! Work like this is really inspiring.

2 Likes

@baylessiii thank you. The progress may be a bit slow on it at the moment as I am working on another project. But Chitty Chitty will not stop, I will pick back up once the current project I am doing is over.

3 Likes