Bot Hunt

Robot model taken from past work, gunship and structures assembled from own asset pack. Rendered with Cycles, postpro with Gimp and DaVinci Resolve.

Clay render :

Gunship details :

5 Likes

Dang this is sick. Now that you got all these assets you made you can assemble some pretty epic things

2 Likes

Thanks ! Still need more assets though, you can never have too much of it :grinning:

2 Likes

Spectacular.

2 Likes

Your final render vs clay render you do not realise how many objects you have in your scene. Volumetric water disguises so much and adds depth

2 Likes

Insane good!

2 Likes

Thanks @baylessiii and @SlickFX !

@eladd : volumetric is good for giving feels of ambience, giving hints of objects shapes etc. without showing too much details (or to hide imperfections, lol), also it’s supposed to be a night environement instead of water/underwater (I think I should’ve added some faint smoke fx to make it clearer).

1 Like

At first glance it looks like underwater. I know it meant to be in space. Did it trigger you??? :rofl: :flushed: i was lazy and didnt correct it. Looks cool all the same…

1 Like

Well, it did look like that tbh. Got that smoke/cloud idea after submitted it for a weekly challenge, lol.

1 Like

too much light for a night scene, that’s why it has the illusion of underwater with the fogginess,you can see everything, it would be darker. you have all these lights in the scene , let the lights do the work, let the lights tell the story, looks good tho.