Bot Hunt

Robot model taken from past work, gunship and structures assembled from own asset pack. Rendered with Cycles, postpro with Gimp and DaVinci Resolve.

Clay render :

Gunship details :

6 Likes

Dang this is sick. Now that you got all these assets you made you can assemble some pretty epic things

2 Likes

Thanks ! Still need more assets though, you can never have too much of it :grinning:

2 Likes

Spectacular.

2 Likes

Your final render vs clay render you do not realise how many objects you have in your scene. Volumetric water disguises so much and adds depth

2 Likes

Insane good!

2 Likes

Thanks @baylessiii and @SlickFX !

@eladd : volumetric is good for giving feels of ambience, giving hints of objects shapes etc. without showing too much details (or to hide imperfections, lol), also it’s supposed to be a night environement instead of water/underwater (I think I should’ve added some faint smoke fx to make it clearer).

1 Like

At first glance it looks like underwater. I know it meant to be in space. Did it trigger you??? :rofl: :flushed: i was lazy and didnt correct it. Looks cool all the same…

1 Like

Well, it did look like that tbh. Got that smoke/cloud idea after submitted it for a weekly challenge, lol.

1 Like

too much light for a night scene, that’s why it has the illusion of underwater with the fogginess,you can see everything, it would be darker. you have all these lights in the scene , let the lights do the work, let the lights tell the story, looks good tho.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions !

I made some quick edits (mainly playing with value and contrast on fg and bg elements) while referencing on photos (from Unsplash). First is by treating the main lighting (in top left) came from the moon or faraway source, which is actually what it was intended.

Ref photo :
alexey-turenkov-qi2oQOpn01Q-unsplash

Edit result (original on the left) :

Also tried another variation if the main light came from a much closer distance.

Ref photo :

Edit result (original on the left) :

Not too great due to just quick editing but hopefully can get the idea across.

1 Like

I like the second one on the right the best. Nicely done

1 Like