Hey Blendermaniacs! It’s time for a new theme and new contest! The theme this time is…Animation! This one is long overdue! Time to get your animation skills out.
The contest is simple, MAKE A CHARACTER & CREATE AN ANIMATION WITH THEM
HAS TO BE A NEW CHARACTER THAT YOU MAKE. MUST BE MADE & ANIMATED IN BLENDER, NO EXTERNAL ADDONS OR PROGRAMS
To upload your animation, first upload it to youtube or vimeo and then paste the URL as a reply to THIS forum post
Here are a couple ideas to get you started:
- Is your character simple like a cube or complex?
- Is your character an animal type character?
- Is your character human in form or a object type character (such as a ball with eyes and a mouth)
- Does your animation tell a story? Is it funny, scary or sad?
- Is there just one character in your animation or several?
- Does your animation have a whole scene to it or is it just a white backdrop?
Guidelines for the contest:
- 90% has to be done in Blender
- MUST BE 30 seconds to 2 minutes long
- Submission has to be submitted by 9/30/20 Midnight PST
- Only ONE submission per person
- Work has to be original and not copied from another artist
- Has to be a new project and not a render you did a long time ago
Prizes for Contest Winners:
- 1st place will receive a choice of one of my courses, $25 Amazon E-gift card (or $ paypald to them), be featured in the featured image section, 500 points and a certificate!
- 2nd place will receive a choice of one of my 4 courses, 300 points and certificate
- 3rd place will receive, 100 points and a certificate
Absolutely love this arolf! Well done. Such a cute character and well done for being first one to post too
This is my entry for the MC.
Very very cool and well executed animation!
Thanks! Got the idea from a Captain Disillusion video.
This is a really neat video, I love all the physics and moving of perspective! But I have to ask the question that’s got my head scratching… where’s the “character” in this video…?
That’s real nice yeets but I agree with Drift, this isn’t a valid entry because there’s no character in it.
That’s very sweet and funny! Seriously well done Arolf and you’re just starting out which makes it even more impressive! Imagine a year from now all the awesome things you’ll create!
to quote Mr.Cardboard over there "The contest is simple, MAKE A CHARACTER & CREATE AN ANIMATION WITH THEM
HAS TO BE A NEW CHARACTER THAT YOU MAKE. "
But because I want to see how easy it is to break this system and in what ways we can improve it, maybe add some eyes and a smile on that apparatus that separates the spheres, and call it a character.
We were discussing with Alex that the animation contests will be hard to make fair for all because someone could just do what I suggest on the sentence above.
My character is the Default Cube. Now if only people knew how much it takes to make that cube… maybe they won’t delete it
btw its Cordebard not cardboard lol
For your own sanity I recommend you assume everything I say is a joke unless otherwise stated
OK. then what you just said is a joke, so its not true. so everything you say is not a joke. bit then that would be true… paradox intensifies
Thank you. Yes I have done animations and modeling following tutorials step by step. But this is the first time I try to do it by myself. And I am very happy I could accomplish this little animation. And I will keep learning… I love learning this!