Blender dont let me render :o)

Hello guys! I have a huge problem with some of my projects. A few weeks ago i follow Alex’s Low Poly Guide Pt. 2 on Udemy. I create the Camping Scene (1902 x 1080, Sampling 180, 330 Frames) and rendered the scene in individual pngs. All fine till there. Afterwards I rendered it as an MPG4 in blender. It worked too. On the next day I wanted to make some changes to the lighting and render a preview to see how it looks. Then that screen comes (see Image).

My Output format is switched, output path exists. Happens in Eevee and Cycles GPU. Older projects are going well to render ... OUTSIDE (like my current scene), they have animated elemts and particle systems. Then there's also this screen. I’ve never had the case that suddenly scenes with animation can’t be rendered anymore just because the PC was off :D (Graphics card driver are updated). Maybe someone know the answer.

Greetings, Ben

Could you check this part, it might be because of something here.

I checked - everything is fine. I render normally in CUDA. Changed it now to OptiX but doesnt make a difference. Error log is also empty.

I don’t understand your problem the way you have typed it. :confused:

Is this happening to multiple projects suddenly?

Is it happening only to this project?

If it worked fine and then you changed the lighting why don’t you revert those changes and troubleshoot from there by adding those changes one by one until you replicate the problem and find out the cause of it?

What exactly do you mean by this sentence “I’ve never had the case that suddenly scenes with animation can’t be rendered anymore just because the PC was off” ?

Have you tried loading factory settings in case you accidentally changed some setting?

Is it just that one frame that doesn’t render? Does nothing render? Have you tried resetting the camera?

Have you tried copying/appending everything to a new project file?

A million things could be the cause, if you can go back to a project save that works well, then start there and see what alteration mucks it up.

to answer your questions:

Is this happening to multiple projects suddenly?

… Yes. All projects that have a particle system and keyframes (actually two projects) or all the ones I’ve rendered by using the same scheme: rendering the frames separate as a png and then saved as a mpeg4 in the video editor in blender. All my Enviroment scenes with particle sytems are fine. It happens just to the Low Poly projects. Oh and on the other scene they doesnt work: I didnt change anything after closing and reloading the project. But there is also the same issue.

If it worked fine and then you changed the lighting why don’t you revert those changes and troubleshoot from there by adding those changes one by one until you replicate the problem and find out the cause of it?

… I already did this. Nothing happens.

What exactly do you mean by this sentence “I’ve never had the case that suddenly scenes with animation can’t be rendered anymore just because the PC was off” ?

… I shut down my PC and after restarting at the next day, the actually problem turned up . :0)

Have you tried loading factory settings in case you accidentally changed some setting?

… Yep - also tried. :slight_smile:

Is it just that one frame that doesn’t render? Does nothing render?

… I tried it with different Frames. It render nothing in the whole Scene.

Have you tried resetting the camera?

… Yes, was my second Try.

Have you tried copying/appending everything to a new project file?

… Yes, I tried. And @Light from the chat tried it with his PC. Also doesnt work.

I also look at the error log: nothing. I change my Blender to a older version: nothing. Checked all Output format: everything fine and how it should be.

But it’s ok. Maybe someone knows the answer someday. :slight_smile:

If you open blender and just hit f12 with the default cube, does it show?

Also in the screenshot you showed are you using a transparent background?

Might check that the holdout hasn’t been enabled in the outliner window.

The top right of the outliner window, by default it isn’t turned on. I have had issues bringing older projects into newer versions of blender and it enabling the holdout on it causing objects not to render.

Thank you for your answer! :slight_smile:

Gralous fixed it yesterday.

It was under the Output Properties, Post Processing. Sequencer was checked. With unchecking the box everything works fine. :slight_smile: