3D Car Contest (Maybe)

Perfect! This is awesome! Hope you win man

2 Likes

Thanks, just glad I got to do it. Really dont care about winning, just happy to be back to making stuff again.

2 Likes

Ok this is the final entry forgot that I had the blinds to still add and had the exterior blue neon not enabled. Thank you all for putting up with this enormous work in progress thread.

4 Likes

Very cool man. Was a pleasure watching this all come together and the final result turned out great

2 Likes

Well entries into the contest is officially closed. And results will be on the 19th.

I counted 86 entries, so I figure if i get 85th place I will be happy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Na man go for top 10 at least! Let us know the result!

2 Likes

ROFL I will do backflips if it gets voted that high.

2 Likes

Get ready to start learning how to do backflips then! lol

3 Likes

Wish you luck Steve, really a great render

2 Likes

@Gralous thank you. Not expecting much out of it like I said with 86 entries but it was just really more of a happiness that I got to finish something.

2 Likes

Yep not in the top 50% so not even 1 vote. But at least it kept me entertained. Oh well back to donuts I go.

2 Likes

Hey it’s top for us here! I enjoyed watching the process and it was a great outcome!

1 Like

The winner was a seasoned 7 year professional so there’s that. LOL

And sorry to break it to you all but, no tacos and no backflips. :wink:

3 Likes

good try tho , was still a great scene

2 Likes

Thanks, maybe in another 50 years I’ll win one. :wink:

1 Like

you did a good job even if u didn’t win! I love this type of scene old cars like this are ones I still wish to drive! Very nice

1 Like

@KodaOkita Thank you, it was just nice to actually have the time and health to be able to do something more than just a single object simple modeling and rendering. Thank you again for the kind words.

2 Likes

At least you entered and entjoyed the process.for us what you created wa amazing. Hearing you mention how a 7 year old vwteran won brings me back to a time when years ago I enetered a competition for our local phone book cover. They had requirements where art had to be scaleable for a letterhead on an envelope. The winner was a professional artist with years experience. I liked his work but fwlt it did not meet all the criteria. That aside i must have been close as my entry was on the backbpard behind the photo in the paper as they handed them the award for winning.

2 Likes

@eladd yeah, thanks. There were a few that were entered that I felt as well didnt follow the terms of guidelines. But as I said, just happy to have finished a project and seeing what I have improved on ovee the years.

1 Like