3D Car Contest (Maybe)

5 Likes

Ok next step is extruding all the cut panels. Got materials assigned and then it’s slug bug time…

5 Likes

oh dang that looks great Steve! I like your virtual garage of cars. You’re like Jay Leno but your garage is in Blender 3D :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

4 Likes

So SO shiny…I so gotta practice making more cars.

2 Likes

Hahaha, and I need to make stuff other than cars.

1 Like

3 Likes

I may also be changing the location for the cars. Not sure yet, still toying with ideas. Either an ice cream business or a malt shoppe.
( This one might just end up being done after the contest as it would be more focused on the building and all around it as well.)

( HDRI will not be used in this one other than for lighting if I continue with this idea )

5 Likes

Awesome progress already !

Personaly favors the first idea (dinner/eating place), maybe with a sunset background/lighting would be a great atmosphere, but up to you :smiley:

4 Likes

Yeah I like the second one with the diner. It’s got a certain vibe to it, makes be want to chill there

3 Likes

@purbosky @blendermania , thanks for the input. Diner scene it is then. Guess after adding the wipers and cutting out the vents on the rear trunk area. I will start creating parking lot lines and add some parking blocks. Also add in some imperfections to the parking lot as well.

Thanks again for the input much appreciated. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ditching the bug and going for a Plymouth Fury instead Just started it so it is quite rough right now.

Flat Shaded no Subdivision Surface

Smooth Subdivision Surface

3 Likes

Dang man this is looking nice in the garage :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

2 Likes

Plymouth Plymouth Plymouth! Mustang Mustang Mustang! Cybertruck Cybertruck Cybertuck! Horse n cart Horse n cart Horse n cart! the choice is yours…

2 Likes

Got a bit more done to the body but got a ton of tweaks, especially the rear. But still posting progression shots.

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Looking good! loving the colors!

1 Like

Started cutting panels and tweaking. Then its shrinkwrap city time. :smiley: yeah it looks like a little toy car cause the hdr lift in the background lol

3 Likes

Well I stuck it next to the Ghia just to have a looksie after adding some more trim pieces to the Plymouth and baking tread to the tires and adding hubcaps to it. Almost getting to the point where I can spend a little time working on the environment portion of the final render.

4 Likes