Why bother with 3D? What does "The Dream" look like for you?

What an interesting journey Po! I love how most of us just stumble upon Blender and CG in general by looking for the tools to express our minds in a form other than words.

It’s also very encouraging to new-comers knowing that you can just do the things you love and eventually you’ll find some project or some job offering that aligns perfectly to what you would have done for fun anyway, and people are willing to give your their money for it.

I love the artwork you did for the game and I always like seeing your designs.
I can relate to marketing being a pain in the butt. I always feel like your Instagram posts deserve more likes and reactions but aren’t seen by many people due to some algorithm.

It’s clear to me though that you’re quite intelligent and have a great capacity for learning, so I’m sure that if you dedicate just a little bit of your focus on some marketing techniques you can get a good grasp of it and use it to your advantage.

Hope to see more success and recognition with your art!

I believe you can easily create the next Star Wars or Twilight Imperium or something along those lines, you have the designs, you have the writer’s mind to create lore and backstories etc.
I can easily see you combining all your skills and talents to a bigger cohesive project.
From my experience with “writing” which I’ve only done for some D&D campaigns as a Game Master, the different campaigns and stories I would write and play moved along similar things.
So I would start a new campaign but some of the themes and ideas into it would fit perfectly to the previous one, or would in retrospect fit perfectly to the next one and so on.

By that I concluded that, in me somewhere deeper is this bigger story, this bigger idea wanting to come out but coming out in bits and pieces over multiple unrelated projects (in my case some d&d campaigns) that when looked together, all these different projects have a common ground.

I don’t know if this applies to you at all, but if it does then I would recommend you take a panoramic view of it and see what the commonalities are between all your different and seemingly unrelated to each other projects, and then unite those common ideas and themes into one cohesive project, combining your writing and modelling interests.

I gained an interest in graphics when I got my first computer. I didn’t know how to turn the darn thing on and had to get my kindergartener to show me how. lol

I was in the middle of raising my kids for many years so I didn’t have the finances or time to learn. I’d never heard of youtube when I first started.

I’d ventured into making a Text Based mafia game. I rather enjoyed training up an account and defending my misfit honor in the game lol.

In making the game I did the images but they were done strictly in photoshop. I had a partner that did all the coding for the game. And he was asked about Unity so he took a look and had me go in and take a look.

I had a lot of fun in Unity and was starting to learn simple codes and how to make simple graphics inside Unity.

The did a huge update on it and everything I’d just created errored out and I couldn’t figure out how to fix. I was discourageded about that but my interested in the 3D assets was born.

I started talking with others who were into it and they told me to try blender.

Youtube was a good resource but I realized fast how much I needed a stable 1 thing at a time atmosphere. I made a few choices at first that didn’t pan out.

I went to CGCookie, but I spent most of my time trying to figure out what they were talking about. But, I slowly learned the lingo.

BTW I started working in CG at the age of 57 and have been pulling my hair out over it ever since.

The constant changes with Blender threw me off a bit, but being active through the changes have helped me. I’d love to be able to work in CG, I don’t know at this time what my future holds for me.

I have spent the last 7 years taking care of my parents. At first it was helping mom with my dad. And now I’m taking care of my mom.

I have truly enjoyed Blendermania3D and all its members. You all have been my online family. And for the last 4 months while my mom was in hospital I’ve come here everyday and found friends as well as encouragement as well as a little push to go further than I have in the past.

Only the future knows where we are all headed.

Thank you Alexkarajohnn for this forum. You said some good stuff up in here.

Hey Eladd, sorry for the late reply. I don’t have a youtube channel yet as I’ve started out on Rumble to hopefully make some cash much sooner than youtube allows. Here’s the link:

https://rumble.com/c/c-466655

I really appreciate all of that Alex! I’m really happy to have everyone’s support.