A Neverending Story - or - How I Realize the Course 'Creating Animated Shorts with the Power of AI'

Thank you so much for the prompt support video. I think I might have messed up a few things in my attempts, probably not just in this area. Once I’ve worked through the course, which will likely take some time, I plan to go through it a second time.

2 Likes

@Alex, here’s the result after applying the tips from your video. Thousand thanks for your help! It now looks just as I envisioned: a smooth transition from the ear to the head.

2 Likes

mixamo

Rigging with Mixamo is just a clever ruse, you know? It’s there to lull us into the false belief that it’s all so simple.

2 Likes

haha heck yeah this is awesome! He will break dance fight the monster :stuck_out_tongue: and you’re welcome for the ear tip. Keep it up man! Coming along good

1 Like

It is simple. Just tried this and almost broke my legs. RL not the same as in blender

2 Likes

I took a few days off because neither the 4.03 nor the 4.1 alpha version worked: Either Rigify showed errors and/or the Generate Rig button was missing. The result was that I only had crashes. The reason is that the development team is currently introducing massive changes to rigging. Today’s 4.1 alpha version seems to be stable enough now that you can actually perform a ‘Generate Rig’ again. But as you can see, the property menu now looks very different than it did a few days ago. I also looked at the release notes for the changes, but in my status as just a rigging learner, I don’t understand much. I will see if I can still get by in the course with my half-knowledge.

3 Likes

Hey Uwe! I posted an update video in the course (lecture 25 Blender 4.0 Bone collections) regarding that change

2 Likes