Texture baking in Blender 2.80 for game assets?

Hello everyone :slight_smile:
I am currently working on a project in Blender, which will be exported to the virtual world of Second Life.

I am currently trying to bake my (diffuse, ao, normal) textures (materials) on new images (uv maps) to be able to apply them to my mesh inside Second Life.

My challenge: Am I blind or does the Evee render engine not have a “Bake” feature anymore?
If I select cycles - all is fine - but I can not get Evee to work which is so sad…
(Oh and I am on a Macbook Pro 2016)

If you guys have found a way how to manage this (it does not have to be Second Life specific - just texture baking), I would appreciate your ideas a lot - Thank you. :slight_smile:

And… @blendermania - in case you are bored - haha - would you like to make a tutorial for texture baking to be able to export to game engines/external please? blink, blink

Thanks everyone and have a sunny week,
Katrin

Hey Katrin! Good to see you here! As far as baking and Blender 2.8, since 2.8 is still in development there are some features which are not yet present or different in 2.8. As far as baking it is not present in 2.8 atm so you would have to use 2.7. Which is fine as you can easily use 2.7 to bake textures and it will be okay :slight_smile:

I will look into making a tutorial like that :wink: Right now I am finishing up the next course but will see after! Can’t wait to see some of your work Katrin!

Hello Alex,
Thanks a lot for this clarification :slight_smile: Being a beginner - I thought there must be this “Bake” button and being so impressed by blender - I do not see it *haha - Ok I will bake in 2.7 for now. Cheers