Testing out animation with cloth physics

I have yet to use cloth physics but I figured I’d give it a whirl :grinning:

How does this look?
The hair addon adds tons of keyframes to the whole armature so I may need to somehow separate the hair bones from the main body while still making sure it moves and collides properly

2 Likes

So I have been watching your progress through this. I am amazed at the steady work you have taken on this whole thing. I would like to recommend if characters is what you want to do , is take some anatomy courses, body and facial, It would be very beneficial to someone making characters like you. 3D or 2D courses, honestly 2D is better to start for a foundation, even if you don’t draw. it would help with proportions, joints, muscle structure. Making characters is tough, takes a lot of time. The human brain can perceive when something is off even if it is the tiniest thing, because all we do our whole life is interact with people, and our brain records all that data sub consciously over our lifetimes. So sub consciously it triggers something don’t look right, also sometimes called “the Uncanny Valley”. Also I know its not a human character, does not matter, all Disney Pixar artists have to learn how to make a realistic human character before they can distort or use shape language, because non of those characters or animals are real but the proportions are still the same. I am not trying to put down your work either, I hope you finish this. this is only a opinion and a tip that I offer you to improve what it seems you like to do and enjoy.

3 Likes

Thanks! I have big plans, endgoal is to complete my dream game.

I can certainly take some anatomy courses, there’s this great 2d drawing one by Scott* Harris on Udemy I may retake.

1 Like

I may have to check it out , been looking to start drawing again

1 Like

Sharing this one here too :grinning:

2 Likes

Looks pretty dang good for using cloth physics! It’s a bit bouncy but nothing a couple tweaks can’t fix. Very nice!

2 Likes

Thanks, made an alt of the recent one with some god rays
I think with some tweaks this could make for a decent character select animation: :rocket: :flying_saucer:

What may improve this particular animation?

4 Likes

Attack anim :grinning:
Just trying to get an idea of what my characters will look like ingame

4 Likes

Dang super cool! I would say on the first the cloth is still a bit bouncy but other than that, sick stuff!

1 Like

They’re a bit rough but these are a few more game-ready animations I’ll soon test in Unreal

It’s amazing what can be done in Blender :grinning:

3 Likes

Super cool to see your progress! Looks awesome so far! Keep going, I’m hyping for you! :zap: :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

Thanks so much :pray: :sob:

2 Likes