transparent plastic container

Hi everyone, I’m trying to make a transparent plastic container in eevee, that’s what I’ve been doing so far, but it’s still not good enough ?‍♀?‍♀?‍♀?‍♀

You found one of the major drawbacks to using EEVEE. EEVEE does not play well with caustics or glass in general. There are videos out there that show ways of creating shaders for eevee but still they don’t even come close to the real thing. Cycles still holds the torch as the winner for any glass/caustic rendering in blender. I tend to use a lot of reflection and glass objects in my works which is why I don’t even bother with EEVEE. To me EEVEE is just a quick way to get a previsual of what my render/layout is going to look like then I will render it out in cycles.

I am not saying that it can’t be done but it will take a lot of looking around and node and settings changes to get it to even look correct. Glass in EEVEE will only bounce so many times before it stops, which leaves some objects not even reflecting off the glass/transparent material.

This video explains a little more about EEVEE and some tips as well.

I would try rendering with cycles as well. As Steve said, sometimes Evee has some limitations with realistic rendering. It can be done but a lot more nodes and settings