Strange twisting mesh deformation

EDIT Fixed. I deleted the tail bones and recreated them. Some funny stuff must’ve happened before but it seems perfectly fine now. Still if anyone has an answer please feel free to share. I’ll leave this here in case someone happens upon the same issue.

Hey guys can anyone shed some light on this weird issue? I have the tail bones segmented and each bone in the chain copies the rotation of the previous one however this particular bone is acting all weird. If I change the view to B-Bone it looks twisted for no apparent (to me at least) reason.
Anyone have a clue as to what’s causing this?
Edit Also I have used a control bone to move the whole tail. The base of the tail is connected to the Tail Control bone and every bone after that copies the rotation of the previous bone.

I used one time segmented bones and I had a lot of problems with them. I dropped that method and did it by hand.

• Did you check normals your in the tail?

• You probably mirrored the elephant , can it be that the tail is some how mangled (clipped) … or vertices merged (happens me al the time)

I don’t think I kept a save file of the issue so I can’t check but I can tell you that I haven’t done anything with normals so far on the project and that I had it mirrored but I applied the modifier before experimenting with the rig. I also retopologized the mesh so I’m pretty sure the vertices are okay, at least they appear okay.

Since the issue was fixed after I recreated the bones I suspect it must have been something weird about the bone position/rotation because I haven’t had any problems since I remade them.

I’ll keep what you said in mind though in case I run into this problem again. :slight_smile: