Blendermania Forums

Find answers, ask questions, share your work, and connect with our Blendermania community around the world!

Home Forums Projects From BlenderMania Tutorials Simple Caterpillar Animation

• Simple Caterpillar Animation

• alastair

May 9, 2020 at 5:29 am

Hi, I have just completed the caterpillar animation section of the Ultimate Blender 3D Character Creation & Animation Course.

I am fairly happy with it but probably should have gone for a more simple bezier curve for the camera to follow, this would have given it a smoother camera shot.

Cheers,

Al

Here’s the video anyway: https://youtu.be/iO4HEJPVW6Q

• This discussion was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  alastair.

• alexkarajohnn

May 9, 2020 at 6:10 am

Well done dude! Yeah my only criticism is the extremely fast change of direction the camera has and fast zoom ins and outs which almost gives you motion sickness. If you make it smoother it will look great!

• alastair

May 9, 2020 at 6:19 am

I know, I guessed what would look good and made an overly complicated camera track, that was also too long by the way. If I’d made it shorter and less wiggly I would have been able to do a much smoother sequence. It’s always difficult trying things when you don’t know how the course example has been made optimal.

• alexkarajohnn

May 9, 2020 at 6:27 am

For sure, but that’s what experimentation is there for, see what works and what doesn’t and then optimize accordingly 😉

• blendermania

Administrator
    May 10, 2020 at 12:29 am

I actually quite liked it! I got the feeling I was a bird or dragonfly or something in POV and seeing the caterpillar haha. Nice work!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now