Blendermania Forums

Find answers, ask questions, share your work, and connect with our Blendermania community around the world!

• Shed

• a.k.a-Swanny

January 16, 2020 at 5:28 am

Having a go at making a shed – here are some progress pics. Have a question (re texture the panels – is there a way to randomise the texture ? or do i need to apply a slightly altered texture to each panel? (FYI each panel are separate objects). Cheers  

• This discussion was modified 3 days, 22 hours ago by  a.k.a-Swanny.
  • FlyingBanana

January 16, 2020 at 6:44 am

Sorry I didn’t catch this when I was just on. Seen it when I was signing out. Yes there is a way, there is an object info node and it carries a random output connection. Here is a quick screenshot of the node group that is used to create the randomness.

First image is the settings for the standard texture setups other than having the textures set to box, and the Input/texture coordinate node set to object.

Second image is a grouped view of the randomized portion. Object info node is located in the Input portion of the node addition, all the rest are in the converter portion of the node addition.

• FlyingBanana

January 16, 2020 at 7:44 am

Sorry, forgot to show the result of that node setup. Here you go. It is all just one cube then made an instance for the other three. Each time you create a new instance the texture will be different.

• Crispy

January 16, 2020 at 1:09 pm

There are several good ways to randomize the textures. The one Steve list is a great way. Input nodes like object info are great to use with noise textures also to add grunge and chipped paint and such. Looking really good BTW.

• blendermania

Administrator
    January 16, 2020 at 7:40 pm

Very cool Shed! @flyingbanana to the rescue! 😛

• a.k.a-Swanny

January 16, 2020 at 11:17 pm

Thank you so much Steve (@flyingbanana) – your guidance was perfect – great tip to remember for future projects too. Much appreciated for your help. Cheers

• Crispy

January 17, 2020 at 12:21 am

Looks awesome!

• blendermania

Administrator
    January 17, 2020 at 11:19 pm

NOICE! haha. Looks great Swanny. Is this part of a fuller scene or?

• a.k.a-Swanny

January 18, 2020 at 10:05 am

Thanks – yes it will be used for a bigger project. Upside Down

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now