Mannequin Lesson

I’m carrying on with the Character Animation course. I have completed the blocking out of my wooden mannequin. I hope to shape it a little more uniquely once it’s done, but a good start, I think. With more of my projects needing more complex characters, I feel I should complete the course to have the know-how in my future endeavors. I want to already know how to do simple things like picking up objects and having eyes that move and yet stay in the head and so on. This is the main first start of that path, so here I go!

Super cool man! Well done. Can’t wait to see you make it into your own style as you always do :slight_smile:

The character mesh is completed. Now for textures.

Nice man! Looks great :slight_smile:

The door to Textures has been unlocked - using Inner Circle materials has also been achieved. Now is when it starts paying off!

The first step of rigging has begun. Posing is now possible. The next step is to get the IK bones in place.

While I do believe IK bones can be useful if you’re used to them, they are a bit of a learning curve when it comes to posing and animating. I personally find it to be a little finicky at times and feel the longer method of manipulating each individual bone - although more time-consuming - gives me a lot more control. However, I will be doing IK bones for the sake of learning them for the course. But as it stands right now, I might not use them much in future. We’ll see, once I get more involved with them. I might change my mind. Right now, I’m just used to posing my action figures into scenes on my shelves and doing each bone individually is very akin to that.

Feel free to discuss this, here. As it does pertain to animation, I’m curious to know what your thoughts are.

Check the next video about bones, I hope that helps you too …

Looks like he is a newbie and still learning but he has good information

Seems a wooden man isn’t the only one coming around!

Niiiice @DriftingEmbers !!!
Is that Draco froM DragonHeart??

Yeah …

Looks like a nice Dragon … share your progress

Can’t say I know who that is, no. ^^;

Body segments have begun to form!

Blocking out more of the body, getting the tail and limbs situated. The wings will be the hard part.

He has been textured. The dragon is going to be ready, soon…

Very well done Drift! This is super cool. Love the look!

Thanks, Alex! Rigging is in progress, as well!

It took a lot of work, but finally… he is rigged and fully pose-able!

I love it Drift! ?

More images. Dragon’s having a photo-shoot.

I love it @DriftingEmbers !!!

Great job!!! Looks awesome ???