Blendermania Forums

Find answers, ask questions, share your work, and connect with our Blendermania community around the world!

Home Forums Constructive Criticism I have been in outer space in my own mind.

• I have been in outer space in my own mind.

alexkarajohnn updated 4 weeks ago 4 Members · 6 Posts
  • oldnewb

May 3, 2020 at 7:01 am

here is what I’ve come up with in the last week or two; still have a lot to learn. I was hoping to make this an animation but I have done some thing wrong which prevented me from inserting any key frames.

The stars was from a Blender Binge tutorial and I tried to make a ring of rocks which I ended mucking up so there missing as well.

I’ll get it wright one day.

Happy Blending Flag AuNerd

• eladd

May 3, 2020 at 11:37 am

Coming along nicely. I recognize that ship Wink Same book as the gun. If the planet tut with rings is the same one I think I tried, I messed up as well. I messed mine up so bad it maxed out memory and CPU and crashed Blender. Safe to say, I did not complete either. So I think you got further than I did.

• oldnewb

May 3, 2020 at 1:21 pm

Thank you for the encouragement Eladd.

Flag AuNerd

• blendermania

Administrator
    May 3, 2020 at 1:21 pm

Wow looks great! What did you do wrong that kept you from keyframing? I would try to open a new Blender file and then go to file –> append and append everything from here into new file to see if it fixes it. Or let us know the issue 🙂

• oldnewb

May 8, 2020 at 4:43 pm

I parented a fare bit of stuff to the ship which made it not one piece

and when I added a key frame Blender told me where to go.

Flag AuNerd

• alexkarajohnn

May 9, 2020 at 6:04 am

Very nice scene! You could maybe add some noise or musgrave or a combination of the two and perhaps connect them to a bump node with very low strength to give the planet some texture and color variations so it’s not just a smooth soft yellow all over.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now