Amor Paint - Interesting alternative to SubstancePainter

Hello fellow Blendermaniacs :wink:

Just in case you have not heard of the new kid in town regarding texture/materials creation:

AmorPaint seems to be a very promising application.
See link here: https://armorpaint.org/

For all Mac users:
The current version for Mac users is not verified yet and I had trouble getting it to run on Mojave.
However - I am in touch with the developer and will keep you posted.

Happy Blendering and adding color to your artwork :wink:

Kat

That does seem really useful :slight_smile: I don’t do much texture painting myself (really need to get myself a new tablet) but it’s something worth looking into. Thanks.

That does seem really useful ? I don’t do much texture painting myself (really need to get myself a new tablet) but it’s something worth looking into. Thanks.
Amazon Prime Day is coming up around the 14th I think? I'd have to double-check about that. Usually there's a good deal on tablets then.

If you don’t need Wacom stuff, Huion makes good entry-level tablets with large drawing areas for very little money. I tried once and had driver troubles, but the hardware was good enough for me.

Then again, maybe you can easily afford a Cintiq or whatever they call those. In this case, you’ve got a better set up than I do. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just in case you have not heard of the new kid in town regarding texture/materials creation
Thanks Katrin - it seems like Adobe has a lock on the market with Substance, but competition is usually a good thing. :) Looks like a nice program.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing Kat :slight_smile:

Old post but I have just decided to purchase this program as it cheap enough. Way cheaper than substance painter. Now I have two programs to learn :wink:

They have also just been given a 25k grant from Epic Games as they are developing it to work directly with Unreal Engine.