Blendermania Forums

Find answers, ask questions, share your work, and connect with our Blendermania community around the world!

Home Forums Works in Progress Acolytes of Magic and Steel

• twistedsister

January 13, 2020 at 6:52 am

Hello all who visits this realm of Midieval Fantasy Adventures, Quests, and the struggle between good and evil. 

I have played games for over 30 years now that ranged from Dungeons and Dragons to World of Warcraft.

One of my favorite games was a series called Disciples / Sacred Lands, and the Disciples 2 games. 

So I am working on the idea and basis to make an RPG in high end graphics based on aspects of some of these games, and our favorite movies and Si Fi series.

• twistedsister

January 13, 2020 at 7:01 am

Also I have a Photo Album for Game Characters in my photo section of my profile area.

I also intend to make You Tube video’s that show the game creation process and when I have a playable level, enable the members on this website to help Alpha test the game.

Grinning

Here are 2 shots of Alexander the Great as a Roman Commander Character model for the game.

• alaskalinuxuser

January 13, 2020 at 9:52 pm

Great work! Looks awesome!

• eborjon31

January 13, 2020 at 8:54 am

that’s really cool and amazing.  You have some real talent making characters.

• twistedsister

January 13, 2020 at 8:55 am

A look at the Witcher Game Character.

• thederppiratecrispy

January 13, 2020 at 10:34 pm

I’m exited to watch this progress.

• blendermania

Administrator
    January 15, 2020 at 3:51 am

So cool Twisted! I think we are all excited to follow the progress of this. Those two models of Alexander and the Witcher are freaking amazing! Look forward to see more

• twistedsister

January 19, 2020 at 9:34 pm

Was up wit yo bad self? 

So I took a photo of me, and had quite a time modeling my own face for a game character.

• thederppiratecrispy

January 19, 2020 at 10:04 pm

Nice job. looks like you.

• eborjon31

January 19, 2020 at 10:34 pm

this is cool, you managed to add your own face to your character.

• blendermania

Administrator
    January 19, 2020 at 11:23 pm

That is so cool man! I just favorited this thread as I look to continue seeing it as you update it 🙂 Now you just need to weild a huge double sided axe! lol

• twistedsister

January 20, 2020 at 2:17 am

TY ed. Yes I was actually modeling my face in Blender for a long while last year, but the pictures were of Me with a beard.

with the morphing controls on the new program it makes it more like sculpting that hard surface modeling like I do with the ships and planes.

• twistedsister

January 20, 2020 at 2:40 am

side shot

• twistedsister

January 26, 2020 at 7:43 am

Here is a new model. Morticia Addams.

• eborjon31

January 26, 2020 at 6:10 pm

It looks like she getting ready to battle.

• twistedsister

January 26, 2020 at 9:15 pm

The A pose has that effect. I have to put them in a T pose to convert to use as Game Character. I do want to make her better hair, and her iconic dress though.

• blendermania

Administrator
    January 27, 2020 at 2:25 am

Twisted has done it again! Nice work my friend!

• twistedsister

February 2, 2020 at 1:13 am

Ok, So I have been watching some Tutorials, and I have gotten closer to putting in my Prop assets into CC3 from Blender and importing the textures so I can put them into their store, so I can sell them.

• twistedsister

February 2, 2020 at 1:21 am

All of the armor/outfit peices on the model are store assets, but the Axe is the one I modeled in Blender and textured in 3D Coat. I need to re UV it as you notice it has bleed over from the handel color onto the lower part of the blade on the interior, and a touch on the upper inside blade, and there are dent marks on the lower blade also. So yea, I need to do some UV work, and adjust the metallic map some, as the metal shading and or Ambient Occlusion is off. 

I think its a succes thoug that I got the first asset in the program. Now I need to also learn to put Hair models in here, and my armor models, and custom clothing. Then I can also submit them to their market place along with putting them on Sketchfab, and CG Trader, and maybe on the Blender marketplace.

• thederppiratecrispy

February 2, 2020 at 3:29 am

Cool.

• blendermania

Administrator
    February 2, 2020 at 4:53 am

Great work man! Loving seeing the progress of this project

• twistedsister

February 3, 2020 at 8:37 am

My game Character of me in Kings armor.

• twistedsister

February 3, 2020 at 8:40 am

the second 2 are Nordic armor with my sword

• twistedsister

February 3, 2020 at 9:02 am

Fancier King Armor

• blenderbadboy

February 3, 2020 at 4:18 pm

Nice one TwistedSister!!

• blendermania

Administrator
    February 3, 2020 at 6:39 pm

Dude that is some legit, sweet armor! What do you use to texture?

• twistedsister

February 3, 2020 at 8:20 pm

The Sword is My Creation in Blender and 3D Coat. The Armor is pieces that I bought on CC3. I am using their maps IE Normal map, AO map, Metal and roughness map to learn how to texture that good.

• alexkarajohnn

February 4, 2020 at 5:07 am

Some very interesting stuff there, I’m very interested in how this turns out as I’m also working with a friend of mine on making our own RPG based on our experiences with old school RPGs and D&D. I’m working on the Artistic and Game Design side of things while he is doing all the heavy lifting with programming and helping me with the design and gameplay. We are going to base our game on the concepts of Elrik of Melnibone if you are familiar with it (if not you will probably love it).

I’m thinking of buying CC3, I messed around with the Trial version and I think it’s a very useful tool, but it’s very expensive so we decided that we should wait a little while to make some progress with what we have before purchasing, so I’m curious to see how your workflow will evolve with Blender and CC3, maybe I can get some tips by observing you 🙂

Best of luck on your project, I hope you succeed in making the game of your dreams!!

• twistedsister

February 5, 2020 at 7:49 am

Yea, I have about 1000 dollars invested into CC3, iClone7, 3D Exchange, and some of the assets on there. 

I want to put my props and such on there store to help pay for the stuff though, and yes I am getting better and better with CC3, but I need to get more versed with the iClone to do the animations now, and the Blueprints in Unreal4

• twistedsister

February 5, 2020 at 7:57 am

A quick character that I made today.

• blenderbadboy

February 5, 2020 at 9:05 am

This is so cool!!!!

• Emanuel Guimarães

February 5, 2020 at 3:04 pm

Great work!

• blendermania

Administrator
    February 6, 2020 at 12:01 am

Dang that’s a badass character! Can’t wait for this game haha. I get more hyped every time you post a new model

• twistedsister

February 6, 2020 at 3:01 am

Starting on a new Arya Stark Character.

Masie Williams is 5 foot 1 inch and has a shorter than normal neck but just a tad.

• twistedsister

February 6, 2020 at 6:04 am

Working on custom hair.

• blendermania

Administrator
    February 6, 2020 at 7:48 pm

Sweet! Hair looks great too

• twistedsister

February 6, 2020 at 9:15 pm

Into CC3 and texturing.

Added in a Column for scene effect. Its more of a Game prop, but I think it works good to make the scene here.

• twistedsister

February 6, 2020 at 10:54 pm

A few shots of the Sword until I get Needle finished modeled.

• blendermania

Administrator
    February 7, 2020 at 3:11 am

Arya looking badass! Nice man! Needle looks good too

• twistedsister

February 10, 2020 at 3:55 am

So I wanted a Midieval Harley Quinn. But I didn’t want to just outright copy her like I usually do.

So this is what I came up with.

A Knife throwing Vixen.

• twistedsister

February 10, 2020 at 4:01 am

I started with posing the Characters.

• twistedsister

February 10, 2020 at 4:06 am

Here is where she gets mad and dangerous with poison daggers.

• twistedsister

February 10, 2020 at 4:11 am

Miss Trixy vs The Roman

• blendermania

Administrator
    February 10, 2020 at 4:37 am

This is some seriously awesome stuff Twisted! But Knife throwing Vixen is no match for The Roman! haha 😛

• alexkarajohnn

February 10, 2020 at 8:38 am

Oh these are looking good Twisted! Are you animating them in CC3? The iClone is it called? If so how is it as an animator compared to blender?
    I’d also put my money on Roman Alexander too, little girl is out of her waters there 😛
    I love what you did with her eyes and eye shadow, that’s brilliant!

• twistedsister

February 10, 2020 at 3:41 pm

I am just posing them at the moment. They are still in the Texture/model morpher. 

I am learning the animator now, and along with Unreal4. You can animate and motion build in Unreal, but it looks like its easier in iClone then importing it into Unreal.

I never used the animation tools in Blender, so I can’t really comment on that. I really should learn and try some of the things in Blender though. They might be better than what I am doing. 

I am still learning so much about the pipeline, and 3D Coat vs Z brush.

I like 3D Coat better, but the Reallusion Programs are plugin friendly to Substance Painter, and Z brush.

Here is a Goblin Morph that I am working on in 3D Coat, and CC3 to hopefully sell on there market place. There is an Orc and a Troll that was Morph/sculpted in Z brush. I bought them and you get the figures and tutorials on how they were made and modified in Z Brush. I need to remake this character, and make the video tutorials on how I did it in 3D Coat, so I could market it the same way.

• thederppiratecrispy

February 10, 2020 at 10:53 pm

Definitely making some great progress.

• blendermania

Administrator
    February 11, 2020 at 7:14 am

Great addition Twisted. This thread is awesome to follow haha

• twistedsister

February 16, 2020 at 3:16 pm

So I started experimenting with an IRay renderer. I should play with the Blender Render to.

So I have this White Witch based on Stevie Nicks. I want to compare the difference between the saved screen shot and the Rendered shot in IRAY.

• twistedsister

February 16, 2020 at 6:41 pm

Here is the final render. It took about 3 hours to render on the CPU. I need to set it up and see if the GPU, or combined would kill that time down.

• blendermania

Administrator
    February 16, 2020 at 7:00 pm

This looks great Twisted! By the time this forum thread and game are done we are gonna have 1000 awesome models here! 😛

• twistedsister

February 17, 2020 at 5:00 am

So here she is in her complete outfit with the Spear of Destiny as here Talisman of Power.

• blendermania

Administrator
    February 17, 2020 at 5:20 am

Super sick! Love her cloack and dress!

• a-k-a-swanny

February 17, 2020 at 5:27 am

Awesome – love the clothing.

• twistedsister

February 17, 2020 at 11:56 am

So I made a special Sword for Arya. A real needle.

• twistedsister

February 18, 2020 at 12:25 pm

So it took me about 8 hours to model a staff for the White Witch character, so I can replace the Spear.

• blendermania

Administrator
    February 18, 2020 at 10:08 pm

8 hours well spent! Looks great

• twistedsister

February 18, 2020 at 11:17 pm
      Yea this will definately go on the store, LOL

• twistedsister

February 23, 2020 at 4:10 am

Working on a Mulan Sword in Blender. Have been busy with outside projects. I dont want to copy it exactly.

• twistedsister

February 23, 2020 at 4:14 am

I clicked post to quick, LOL. Like I was stateing in the last post I dont want to copy it exactly, I am ussing it as a base idea for the Chinese sword. then I can texture it differently and make more or less a one handed version like this and a 2 handed model that would be a bit longer on the handle and blade.

• blendermania

Administrator
    February 24, 2020 at 5:14 am

Very nice Twisted! Can’t wait to see this one finished. Loved Mulan as a kid haha

• twistedsister

March 6, 2020 at 1:08 am

So I have started on more content, now that I think I can put things on the Reallusion Marketplace.

I started playing with a Mulan Character again.

• blendermania

Administrator
      March 6, 2020 at 4:32 am

Ah finally some updates! haha kidding. Looks great man!

• twistedsister

March 6, 2020 at 10:25 pm

Do you like the Rose Sword? I need to model a scabbard for it.

• blendermania

Administrator
          March 7, 2020 at 1:13 am

The sword she is holding? yeah I like it a lot

• twistedsister

March 7, 2020 at 5:17 am

So this is the preliminary work for the Angel Wings in Blender and the Concept art that I used.

• twistedsister

March 7, 2020 at 6:11 am

The Wings in 3D coat

• twistedsister

March 7, 2020 at 7:03 am

Some progress on the character

• twistedsister

March 7, 2020 at 7:39 am

Ok so here is the Halo. Simple but effective.

• thederppiratecrispy

March 7, 2020 at 9:09 pm

Cool

• twistedsister

March 12, 2020 at 12:43 am

Hey all. I have been learning Marvelous Designer for clothing creation so I can make my own outfit designs, and not have to rely on other peoples content for my characters.

Now I just need to learn the Hair Creation and I will be able to do the whole Characters of my own volition and not have to Borrow/Buy other assets if I dont want to.

I made this simple dress in MD so far. First shot in Marvelous Designer, Second shot in 3D coat, and the last is in CC3.

• twistedsister

March 12, 2020 at 3:23 am

So here is a first attempt at Mulan’s Chinese type Gi top outer Jacket.

• blendermania

Administrator
    March 12, 2020 at 5:23 am

This is some great clothing Twisted! Nicely done!

• twistedsister

March 12, 2020 at 8:04 am

Ty, and it is a bit strange and different to not be hard surface modeling to make this. I am looking into the Blender Cloth maker program also. It is a lot less expensive than this is. This is quick and detailed though to pump out game avatars.

• thederppiratecrispy

March 13, 2020 at 1:26 am

Great stuff. You’ll be self sufficient soon enough.

• twistedsister

March 20, 2020 at 3:20 pm

I have been working on some things. Learning MD9 and Hair Tool for Blender.

I stopped to finish a Roman themed project for another game character.

The Game characters relax me inbetween the learning tutorials.

I also have my Recording software fixed, so I can start making You Tube Dev Logs agian.

So here is another Game Character Idea.

I call her Julia Caesar.

• twistedsister

March 20, 2020 at 4:56 pm

I added a Over Skirt and put hair on her.

• blendermania

Administrator
    March 20, 2020 at 11:19 pm

DAAAAAAAAAAAANG this is awesome Twisted! Can’t wait to see this all come together in the game 🙂

• twistedsister

March 21, 2020 at 10:19 am

Ok, so I got a little hair up my butt and I decided to work my modeling and morph magic, and make Rose from the Titanic movie.

I usually take a couple of hours to play with the sculpting, and morph sets with the pictures to come out real close or damn near perfect.

This one is trying my patience.

I worked for about an hour on the first model, and It didn’t look like her at all. I could probably use the character for a red headed step daughter in the game, LOL.

The second one I think is closer after 5 hours of messing with it.

• blendermania

Administrator
      March 21, 2020 at 5:51 pm

Hey looks great Twisted. You may have pulled your hair out doing her hair….lol but looks awesome 🙂

• twistedsister

March 22, 2020 at 4:06 pm

Some more work on the outfit for Mulan. LOL I need to re do the sword.

• twistedsister

March 23, 2020 at 7:47 am

some more variations, on Mulan concept.

• twistedsister

March 23, 2020 at 7:52 am

A few more and I use my Famous sword for a prop, lol

• twistedsister

March 28, 2020 at 3:15 am

So this is the first game character that I have successfully imported into Unreal 4 from the Reallusion content.

• blendermania

Administrator
      March 28, 2020 at 4:21 am

Great work Twisted! Loving that shield on the left pic! Epic

• twistedsister

March 28, 2020 at 1:21 pm

The Left shield isn’t mine but that artist has several, and they are all based on 2 shields with different textures. I figure for the game’s sake and the sense of not taking years and tears to get it up and running, I will use my assets and others and over time I will trade out the other assets for my own. So for now I am taking the Dark Side of the Force approach. The Quick and Simple path.

Use anything that looks good, and doesn’t cost to much, and learn how to get the game going.

Make a small level for demo to play in, and Alpha Test. That way I can work out bugs on a small level instead of like 60 square acres of Open World MMO map, LOL.

I think the Kite shield will look better on a Knight, or Paladin.

Anyway, I have been shying away from the animations, and or Game engine learning, and mostly just making, / kit bashing models other than the Marvelous Designer 9 and Hair tool learning, so Its time to get this game on the road.

I am worried about my friend with the Game Studio in Germany. He was worried about the Corona Virus thing putting his company out of business.

He hasn’t responded to me on Skype. I hope he is ok. He was showing me how to put my models on the marketplace, and I dont remember all what he showed me.

Anyway I am rambling. I’ll post some more when I get some game things working.

• twistedsister

March 28, 2020 at 11:23 pm

OK, so I need at least 1 or 2 NPC adversaries to pit against the player characters in the game. Over time I will have multiple different ones.

Here is the first one based on the Disciples 2 game that I am attempting to emulate.

• blendermania

Administrator
    March 29, 2020 at 5:00 am

Nice Twisted! We need some demons to fight! 🙂

• twistedsister

March 29, 2020 at 6:24 am

these are the Imps. They are actually low in the order, like level 1 to 5 guys. I am going to put in Peasants, and Wolves and several units that you would run into in the wild. Then I will work on some medium threat stuff, like Thugs and Thieves, and then more like higher threat, like Orcs, Ogres and Trolls, then finally Giant Spiders, Sea Creatures and Dragons. Then I can go onto actual factions.

• twistedsister

March 29, 2020 at 3:00 pm

So here is a couple of shots of the Imp in the Game Project and with the Soldier so You can see the scale.

• thederppiratecrispy

March 29, 2020 at 3:22 pm

Nice.

• twistedsister

March 29, 2020 at 5:48 pm

Here is another one.

• twistedsister

April 5, 2020 at 4:28 pm

Ok, so There is an Ogre, and an Orc character on my Character Creator 3 program. I bought them both. I can use them in my Game which is cool, but they are not my work. They are called Orc/Ogre Z Brush learning assets. They come with the Character, and a series of video lessons that are on You Tube, but you have to buy one of the packs to be able to view them.

In the lessons the artist makes about 12 or 15 lessons on how he exports a CC avatar into Z brush and re-sculpts it, and or the teeth without changing the topography. that way he can put the character back into Character Creator, and it wont effect the rig, or maps.

I intend to do something similar. The first pic is of a Goblin character that I bought in Daz3d. Again I can use it in my game, but it is not my work. I want to morph/sculpt a Goblin character that will be similar, yet It will be my creation, so I can sell it on my reallusion Marketplace store. So the last pic is the one that I am working on.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  twistedsister. Reason: Forgot to post pictures
  • twistedsister

April 5, 2020 at 5:52 pm

So this is a few shots of the more or less finished character base.

I need to do thumbnails for it. and make a few custom props for it so I can sell it.

I threw on a few bought props to make a screenshot, so you can get an idea or what it can look like in a render or the game.

• twistedsister

April 10, 2020 at 2:58 pm

So this is based on a Sommon Demon from Disciples. Each race had 2 spells that could be used each turn to sommon an NPC character that you could attack a group with. Some of them were weak and good to use to harass at low tiers, and some were more serious.

I use them in the game to scout through the fog of war in the game at times.

This one is based on a demon character that the Devil Race (The Legions of the Damned) use at mid level.

Mine looks more Human because I made it on the CC3 Rig so it will co into iClone and Unreal4 with no hitches.

• blendermania

Administrator
    April 10, 2020 at 3:46 pm

That’s a sick looking demon man! Can’t wait for this game for sure 😀

• twistedsister

April 12, 2020 at 2:00 am

Clap for the Wolfman.

Here is my latest morph sculpt.

• blendermania

Administrator
    April 12, 2020 at 11:25 am

That is sick! Love the Wolfman

• twistedsister

April 20, 2020 at 2:36 am

A few pics of goofing around.

• twistedsister

April 23, 2020 at 11:39 pm

Here is a pic of my first Z brush learning Project.

Wow, Z brush is like learning to speak Chinese when you have only spoke English all your life.

• blendermania

Administrator
    April 24, 2020 at 12:38 pm

ha love this! Loved this movie as a kid 🙂

• twistedsister

April 24, 2020 at 6:49 pm

Some more Z Brush pics. I am setting up the base for the Scorpion so I can rig different torso’s on it.

I started sculpting on the monster Torso base so I can add on to it and make it a complete character.

• blenderbadboy

April 25, 2020 at 2:55 am

Twisted?

To be honest…. That looks like the scorpion king, from the movie “The mummy Returns” LOL

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now