2.8...X?

hi,

so i have this huge issue with the 2.8 i have downloaded twice already and reinstalled. my issue is in the user preferences section. like i literally can select no options, as it states i need to upgrade to 2.8x. there is no 2.8x i can find, only the 2.8 beta, unless that is what they are referring to as ‘X’, and if it is, the user preferences add-on tab is severely broken. see screenshot. suggestions?

[quote=“ravencroftgraphics3d, post:1, topic:3060”]
hi,

so i have this huge issue with the 2.8 i have downloaded twice already and reinstalled. my issue is in the user preferences section. like i literally can select no options, as it states i need to upgrade to 2.8x. there is no 2.8x i can find, only the 2.8 beta, unless that is what they are referring to as ‘X’, and if it is, the user preferences add-on tab is severely broken. see screenshot. suggestions?[/quote

Hey! Yes I do believe that that is normal. I’ve heard that a lot of addons and plugins do not currently work or integrate correctly with blender 2.8 just yet and this will be fixed with newer releases :slight_smile:

then i am really curious as to how some of the tutorials out there are actually using these options and instructing people on them in the videos… not you, but a few others i found, it’s very frustrating. do they all have some different version than the rest of us? are there actually 2 or more versions? like windows 10’s ‘rings’ for releases?

I found this on another website which may help you out but I also do know that very few addons have been made compatible with Blender 2.8 just yet

"After installing the addons in the user preferences, they don’t show up anywhere in blender 2.8 except from workspace addons tab in the properties and clicking it doesnt do anything. In user preferences next to the addons list, it also says that “Upgrade to 2.8x required”. Does that mean that we can’t use any addons in 2.8 unless they are upgraded for 2.8 builds?

add-on
shareimprove this question
asked Jul 7 '18 at 9:52

Zohaib
Since the addon version check, need to update to “blender” : (2, 80, 0) in the bl_info dictionary to register an addon. Some basic changes like no more scene.objects.[link, active] break a lot of addons. If you really want to disable the check, find the file 2.80/modules/addon_utils.py and edit the line if mod.bl_info.get(“blender”, (0, 0, 0)) < (2, 80, 0): to if True: (The addons may register, but be aware a lot of ops and panels will be broken) – batFINGER

Thanks you :slight_smile: I’m addicted to 2.8 and EEVEE and now i can’t go back to 2.79. I guess i’ll have to wait… – Zohaib

whoops that should be if False: above, to remove the check. Liking 2.8 too, albeit a little frustrating. – batFINGER

Oh i was struggling to get it work with If True… Thank you :slight_smile: – Zohaib Jul 8 '18 at 7:51
I got it working by doing this: if mod.bl_info.get(“blender”, (0, 0, 0)) < (2, 80, 0): Change to if mod.bl_info.get(“blender”, (0, 0, 0)) < (2, 79, 0): – Zohaib